Wednesday 7 September 2011

ARE YOUUUUUUU! The Call of The Wild

My life is about one thing, the pursuit of a curative for my own restless nature.  In younger days I was misdiagnosed as having a fear of commitment.  I now know this to be a lie.  Aside from a healthy dose of experientially learned caution, I don't particularly indulge in fear.  I have found it tends to dull the flavour of things, leaving a musty wet blanket over the fires of passion and happiness.

I am a sensualist.  I am always seeking the next foolhardy adventure, the newest thrill, another conquest.  My head continually in the clouds, I still manage to maintain a firm footing with my old favourites.  Good food, drink, and conversation, all honing my wit and keeping the senses sharp.  The graceful saunter of a pretty girl accelerating my heart with possibilities.  The fanciful flight of music and song played with friends taking me on previously unheard journeys.

I love to putter.  Tending the garden brings me pleasure.  Fixing the million different things that seem to need my attention gives me a sense of home and hearth.  The idea of  a cozy corner where I can curl up like a kitten thrills the more subtle tones of  my nature.  I love to feed and nourish the people in my life with the simple gestures of a smile and a joke.

and then it happens...

That invariable moment where I can not be soothed or assuaged.  Each sensation merely a reminder I am nowhere I want to be.  Each tick of the clock reverberating within my bones and demanding with every fibre of my soul, I run.  Run far, run fast, run down, run away, run out, run off.  I want to keep my run on sentence from being run of the mill.

Most of the time there is only one answer.

Are you going my way?

Dabuoy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a serious case of restless longing!!

    ReplyDelete