Wednesday 23 November 2011

Is There Anybody Out There...

"You are here", is the first line of the Existential Handbook.  After that it gets complicated.

We post signs everywhere.  Most of them illustrate for us the moral certitude of needing to be someplace else.  No loitering, no parking, no solicitors, no junk mail, post no bills, no habla English.  Everyone knows where they are going and where they have been, yet few seem to grasp where they are.  We shake hands and hear names all the while wandering into thoughts about the cost of Purell and wart removers.  We watch a movie and dream of hot rides and stiff drinks.  Our clothes slide brightly about our worlds as we contemplate another costume change.

What were we talking about?

Attention deficit disorder is the new awareness. 

If you didn't have the patientence to read that last sentence, you may already be there.

hear hear!

You probably know all about me.  I have a blog, I Twitter, I hardly ever don't friend someone on Facebook.  I am single.  I haven't met anyone yet.

This month the 7 billionth human was born.  What makes them so special? 

I wonder...

DaBuoy

No comments:

Post a Comment